Every since I turned 30, I've seen many Singaporeans getting poorer and more stressed up. This is largely due to the overcrowding and massive influx of foreigners in our small red dot. Price of many things had gone up including the price of public subsidised(supposely) HDB flats.
Since then I've decided that there should be a change in our government policy and I've made up my mind to vote for opposition party.
Heard on the TV news last night that my GRC is going to merged into moulmien kallang and my heart sank for a moment..
I think many low to middle income Singaporeans are going to suffer a lot more after the election because many necessities things like food, electricity and transport are going to shoot up. Had you taken a MRT in Singapore before? It's packed like sardine irregardless of peak or normal hours. I remember when I was a small boy in the late 80s, I took the MRT to Orchard road and you could just throw your slippers across the cabin without hitting anyone.
This opening poem from the novel, 三国演义 best discribe my mood now:
滚滚长江东逝水,浪花淘尽英雄。是非成败转头空。
青山依旧在,几度夕阳红。白发渔樵江渚上,惯看秋月春风。一壶浊酒喜相逢。古今多少事,都付笑谈中。
Made +19.5% after getting out from my long EUR.
My favourite story form 三国演义, 赵云单骑救主:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-dYqCINi68
This is my favourite scene where 赵云 is surrounded by 曹操's troop and had to fight alone with his good horsey with a baby tied to his chest. He fell into a pit but later his good horsey jumped out and nobody can capture him alive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtSuXGJHr3U&feature=related
yeah, as a local, I feel exactly how you feel.
ReplyDeleteHey, i am pretty new to you blog; can i check with you how you calculate the percentages listed?
ReplyDeleteNet profit
ReplyDeletedivided by
oringinal amount in account
times 100.